Saturday 17 November 2001

FRIDAY....
the weekend is here.. and in just a couple days, a LONG weekend is coming up. :) LONG. a weekend where I can sit in front of the tv and veg and do what? CROSSTITCH. :) Ok.. i've been working on this project for my discipler Karen, but she moved away in lets see... June right? it's been like 5 months...and i still haven't finished.. partially 'cause it's detailed work.. little stitches of the lyrics and music of Amazing Grace.. but it's bigger than i thought, so Karen, if you're reading this.. actually.. forget what i jsut said 'cause you're not supposed to know. :P
Anyway, today at fellowship we had a worship workshop. There were 2 worship times at the begining and end and 2 seminars. The first one I went to was a guitar one taught by Sammy Lee. We learned how to HAMMER, MUFFLE and PICK. Fun words teehee... but yeah it was fun. I knew how to play since like 8th grade and lead worship but i never had my own guitar.. maybe its time to get one. :) And the second one was taugh by Scott Eng, the attitude of worship. He taught that one should approach worship with reverence as in Isaiah 6, but also obedience crying out.. here I am. send me. Worship for me is bowing down to God and acknowleding His Supremeness.. as Scott said.. His Godness..We are broken and only through Him with his strength and power we find joy peace and confidence. When I worship.. i've struggled with focusing on just God and only Him and when my mind is focused on giving my all.. praising him with my whole being, it's Amazing and i can feel the Spirit just filling me up.. like that song: Come and Fill me Up. I love music, so music is a way to worship the Almighty. I like to study so my grades and academics are a way for me to worship the Almighty.. realizing and being thankful for the freedom to learn at this university and to just do my best as a witness even though a lot of people who aren't christian do their best and still get like PhDs and stuff. Yeah.. like the song Hungry goes: "broken i come to you for i know You satisfy.." this is how I come go God. I know i am not whole.. i am broken and i come humbled into the amazing whiteness, glory and majesty of the most high. There are glipses of God's perfection in his creation and I witnessed that when I went to Europe. There are so many pictures, so many paintings so many landmarks that humans have build with their hands.. it's amazing. I have pictures so if you know me.. ask to see my pictures. :) also the mountains. Lots of worship songs.. i lift my eyes up to the mountains where does my help come from. :) Did you feel the mountains tremble.. the mountains are majestic.. mighty.. lasting.. just a teensy 1 in avogadro's number the size of God's glory. yeah i have pictures of the swiss alps too... very sound of music-ish. so anyway.. i love to worship. :)
sorry.. sam's blog is www.notorioussam.blogspot.com i think.

No comments: