Sunday 13 November 2005

Such a good weekend

My week started out a little rocky. But I couldn't have asked for a better ending. Thanks God. :)

I went to see Chris Tomlin/Matt Redman/Louie Giglio on Thursday Night. I didn't go with SFCers because the tickets sold out before we were able to get them, but someone from my fellowship at school had extra tickets, so I jumped on the chance. It wasn't a concert. It was a praise service. The one thing I got out of it was how GREAT and INDESCRIBABLE our God is. It was really cool, during the "intermission" there were Bible verses that flashed up. It was a really good time of fellowship and meditation (because I saw Vivian, Salina, Andrew Chau, Alex Cheung and Sharon TQ). But going along with the theme, the message was how small we are, but at the same time Jesus shed all that greatness and power to die for those who are utterly insignificant in His creation. How often do we turn away and "cheat" on our creator with other things (like money, relationships, self) but still God is there, he loved us and knows every hair on our head and our number of days. That's indescribable.

But the fun doesn't stop here. I went on a fall retreat with my fellowship at school and fellowship immediately followed. For the first time in a long time, I got to lead worship, jam with brothers and sisters, play apples to apples, laugh, pray and bond with sisters during small group time.

On the 2nd day of our retreat, we hiked to the beach and had lunch and worship there.

On our first day, our game was a photo scavenger hunt and one of our tasks was to find a heart because the theme of the weekend was "Heart Healthy." This is what we found.

Our last activity was to play "the game." I think it's a stanford thing (so obviously my first tiem playing). But I had a LOT of fun! We ended up driving all around the city looking for clues and they ended up at the most beautiful places. One of our last clues took us to Cliff House at sunset.

This retreat was the first time I ever played guitar on a beach. Actually my first time ever leading worship for this group of people. I love hearing everyone sing and being in a position where I can ear everyone so clearly, it's so beautiful. :)

I've decided to pledge the professional fraternity Phi Delta Chi. Just to get to know my classmates, and a lot of friends from fellowship are pledging, too so it'll be another big fun party.

B'yeah, I knew San Francisco was a beautiful city, but this weekend just reinforced that. I visited Marin, Vista Point, Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Crissy Field, Sutro Baths, Cliff House and Ocean Beach. And I get to call this city home for the next couple of years.

It was a good weekend. Thanks God. :)

No comments: