Friday 18 November 2005

Girltalk

Men, this post is not for you.

Women, I found this REALLY cool blog (written by CJ Mahaney's wife and daughters). Thanks, Karen for the link. :)

It's Femininely titled Girltalk

But it gives an interesting perspective on women in Christianity.

Oh here's a story for you. So I call my dad today thinking he was in LA (At home) being himself. Here's the conversation that ensues:
Roz: Hi Dad, what are you doing?
Dad: I'm in New York City right now.
Roz: WHAT THE HECK? What are you doing in New York City?
Dad: I needed 5000 miles to make 1K for United, so I decided to take a trip here.
Roz: WHAT THE HECK? Why are you in New York City? You should have flied to Boston to visit Jeh and DJ.
Dad: Yeah, but I wanted to see the WTC (world trade center) and I've never been here. I'm thinking about taking mom sometime.
Roz: Oh, ok. When did you get there?
Dad: This morning.
Roz: When are you leaving?
Dad: Tomorrow at 7am.
Roz: ok...How much was your ticket?
Dad: oh, about $400
Roz: When'd you book your ticket?
Dad: About 2 weeks ago? After this, I'll get 3 upgrade vouchers. For $400, (this ticket) we can upgrade to $5000 (business class) tickets on our next family trip. That's a 10-fold return on $400!
Roz: How did you get time off?
Dad: Today was my day off.
[my dad works 9 hour days and gets every other friday off]
Dad (again): I was thinking, Hawaii tickets are only $293. Do you and mom want to go to Hawaii this winter?
< end pertinent conversation >

I'm thinking, dude, my dad is wu liao and my mom needs to come home now. He came back from a vacation overseas weeks ago. That means, the day he got back, he booked tickets to New York City. WHAT THE HECK? I'm not complaining or anything, in fact I think it's really cool, but dang, my parents are superactive. I hope they stay that way.

No comments: