Monday 21 November 2005

Aha! Moment

I just had an Aha! Moment in class today. We were talking about the hydrophhobic effect and drug behavior as it relates to phase partitioning of octanol and water. This has major implications in the solubility of a drug when you take it orally. The aha! moment came because I had learned this application during my biopharmaceutics class when we were learning about what makes a drug, druggable and the major issue was solubility and whether or not the drug can get into solution in the gut and if it can be absorbed easily.

Anyway, sorry about the technical language.
I wanted to share about something else, but I forgot. Oh well, if it's important it'll come back.

::teaser::
What do you look for in a Church (say if you're moving to a new place)? Is it the community? Is it the teaching?
::end teaser::

GOING HOME FOR THANKSGIVING!!! EEEEEEEEEE!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

i would say teaching. it's likely that the church already has community and if not, you can help to build it up. but if the community is not set on a foundation of solid teaching then what is the point?

you are so nerdy. can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

hey, i just learned about all of the solubility junk when we were studying pesticide absorption. *high 5* for speaking the same language! hehe

Anonymous said...

I find in my life, my needs have gone in phases. Good teaching does not necessarily mean an active community. In fact, the best teachers end up leading mega-churches, and so to me great teaching often means getting lost in the crowd (I am generalizing here). During my lonely years of residency, I found that an active community was healthier for me spiritually than good teaching once a week, esp since I was the only Christian where I worked. However, now that I've been at this church for 3 years now, I'm getting the itch to go to a "teaching" church now...

Don't forget the 3rd criteria: Ministry opportunities. e.g. I'd never be able to lead worship or teach at a larger church. I have one friend who sees really small churches as "start ups" and they love being able to pour themselves into the people there, and help that church to eventually be able stand up on its own 2 feet.