Thursday 24 November 2005

Home

Family is definitely so important and I'm SOOOOOOO GLAD that I didn't stay in The City to study for finals. It's nice to come home and
-hear/speak mandarin
-see my dad, mom, sister and brother-in-law (who flew in all the way from Boston!)
-have my mother ask questions about boys and give me pointers on beautification techniques that i'm too lazy to follow through with
-eat home marinated eggs, bean curd and sliced roast beef with my fingers
-drive
-sit on a toilet that DOESN'T have a cushiony seat
-fall asleep on our 20 year old couch where all the lumps are in the right places
-talk to my dad about matters of church and the implications of defining the church as family
-take a shower where the water gets hot instantly and the water pressure is always perfect

It's the start of the season where I get all reminiscent and reflective about how this past year has been. But, right now, there is this little boy that's following me around making shooting noises. I have no choice but to take evasive maneuvers.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

we're glad you decided to come home too. i echo everything on your list, except for the cushiony seat. but if i had one, i would feel that way too.