Friday 3 May 2002

Interesting quote from Sigmund Freud's Civilization and It's Discontents
"It is impossile to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement--that they seek power, success and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of true value in life."

I was thinking a lot today about sleep. How much I sleep. i need a lot of sleep and when roz doesn't get a lot of sleep, roz doesn't function well. She acts stupider than she already is. and i realized how much i need sleep compared to how much I need God. God should be my rest and my source of strength not the fact that i need 8 hours of sleep every night. Granted, it would be nice...Of course thsi doens't give me a reason to pull all nighters, but it also doesn't give me a reason to skip my quiet time to sleep. Thinking a lot about what i give weight to in my life compared to how much i give weight to the Master of my life. I'm taking Him for granted and it shouldn't be the case.
"And he humbled you and let you be hungry, and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you understand that man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Deuteronomy 8:3

Today during skit practice... i'm wondering how much people notice about me. I have this personal space thing. Like I dunno, i get kind of, squirmy when someone is closer than.. well when someone is touching me with more than a finger. I'm a bit claustrophobic and really really ticklish, and like i dunno, it's the personal bubble space thing.

No comments: