Monday 28 January 2008

Clear as Day

I <3 my new contacts.

Why? I can see soooo much more clearly. It's not that my eyes got worse, but it's 'cause I've put my old contacts through so much abuse that they're warped and scratched. Examples:
1) Most recently popped out on a club dance floor. I almost didn't look for them, but when I did, they were on the floor. of a club. on the dance floor where there's spillage and who knows where some of these feet have been.
2) Accidentally dropped them when I was backpacking. on rock and dirt.
3) Multiple times on my bathroom floor.

Yeah. Oh well. New ones = awesome. :)

Bushi-Tei
Dine About Town San Francisco was going on since last week and I went with some friends to Bushi-Tei in Japantown. I gotta say, my first impression was: Oh my goodness the service is impeccable. Why? Japanese service is unrivaled in the world. We had a large party and the owner stood by the door, hailed taxis for the restaurant patrons, took pictures for us and even separated our umbellas so we could get them out easily. The wait staff was softspoken, yet knowledgable and very patient with us. We had scallops, halibut and white chocolate mousse. The scallops were very good, the individual parts of the halibut dish were very good, but I would question them together and the white chocolate mousse was amazing. I would have liked a more intimate table. Our party sat on two sides of a table and four feet separated us, but it's ok, we still had good conversation and a good time.

This is me getting integrated into the 408 area or Cupertino (more affectionately called "CPT") much to the disapproval of Winnie and Debbie. :)

No comments: