Thursday 10 January 2008

2 Restaurants, 2 Coasts

Petit Robert Bistro


I went here with my sister when I was in Boston. Friends on the East Coast, if you live in Boston or travel to Boston regularly, this is a restaurant you should try. Voted Best Affordable French of Boston and I totally agree. My sister and I both had the Onion Soup and we shared a chicken crepe. The onion soup was SOOO GOOOOOD. For those of you who know, I have these cyclical dairy cravings and oh my goodness, that cheese totally hit the spot. Also, the chicken crepe was so full of flavor, but it wasn't all fat. It was peppers and herbs that made it taste amazing. We also saw other peoples desserts and there was this one chocolate dessert that was basically a chocolate model of the Eiffel Tower. Pretty awesome.

Yum. :)

Home
Christina and I went to this restaurant because their special that day was Chicken Pot Pie. Yeah. If you know RozStina well enough, you'll know that we <3 chicken pot pie. And this was no exception. No fillers, lots of chicken. There's also a prix fixe menue from 5-6pm every day where they serve a 3-course special with a glass of wine for $12. Unfortunately we missed that, but we did catch happy hour (5-7pm every day) and caught their half-off cocktails. Of course, yours truly was being clumsy and stupid and I knocked down my glass and FREAKING BROKE IT! ::sigh:: But the service was so nice. Nice enough to clean up the mess I had made and provided me with a new "homegirl" (yes, the cocktail is called a "homegirl") even though I had a few sips of the original. But all in all, home was sort of like home, but not really. It was a mish-mash or the living-room fire, nice comfortable couch pillows mixed with upbeat bar music and metal tables and chairs. Interesting mix, but turns out to be a fun dinner.

1 comment:

Who Me? said...

yay for Home...definitely worth going again. Oh my clumsy homegirl...it's all good, you're a lefty in a right handed world.