Tuesday 9 May 2006

Counting Calories

I've heard it said that it's hot for skinny girls to have big appetites.

Well... I WAS skinny, and I still have a big appetite. I've gained weight, can't fit into my abercrombie pants and my qi pao is getting tighter.

Enter: Diet

According to numerous diet websites on the internet, the best way to go is to eat a 500 calorie deficit every day and exercise.

Since I'm training for bay to breakers, exercising won't be a problem. The 500 calorie deficit on the other hand... is a problem. So... I've had to say goodbye to: bacon, pastrami, mayonnaise, a whole bowlfull of granola, handfulls of cheezits, cheese in general, cream sauces, sausage, buffets and eating out a lot. ::tear::

On the good side: each california roll is 27 calories, 2 slices of bread is 150 calories, 3oz. of carrots are 38 calories (SCORE!!), 4oz of ground turkey is 150 calories. Luna bars (so good, i recommend LUNA BARS (made by CLIF BAR) if you're a woman) are 180 calories with a lot of fiber, protein and vitamins A, C and E. I've also learned to appreciate lots and lots and lots of fruit.

Progress: 1500 calories/day for the past 2.5 weeks, lost 2lbs, 4 miles on the treadmill.

And I still get to eat the Tuesday daily special at subway: Meatball marinara sub on wheat bread with provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and olives. Count: 550 calories.

Feels good when I don't feel as many jiggles anymore.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

in mom's absence, i have to put in my two cents. you do not need to be dieting!

blue topaz said...

agreed :)

Anonymous said...

aw...I love to snack! You can do it Roz! Let yourself have something good though...as a reward...like ice cream!
-Christina