Wednesday 31 May 2006

Burnout

I'm looking forward to the end of school. End of the school year, end of school, anything that will put an end to this madness.

yes THAT'S RIGHT. It's finals time and the monster has been awoken.

There's got to be a way to lessen the stress of finals. There's a balance between studying your hardest and needing time to yourself, and studying so hard that you're mean to everyone, never smiling and that vein popping out bigger than ever.

::sigh:: i wish this school were on semester system. :(

There was one morning this quarter, though that I felt like was a victory. I woke up in a panic needing to study, but halfway through the day, I thought, Jesus is my example. (you'd think i'd learn by now... obviously not.) There are things in the world that will kill you, take away your livelihood and separate you from everything good and pure. Studying is NOT one of them. Jesus never worried about what people thought of him, judgements that people passed about him or his worth. He knew that he was the Messiah, the Son of God, the One who would save us all and give us salvation. There was no worrying about what he came to do and the enormous pain that lay ahead. His prayers in the Garden of Gethsemane were productive in that whatever was to become of him, he would bring them all to the father instead of running away, trying to fix everything do damage control and have some major PR campaign. No, he prayed.

In desparate need of the Father.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha, i can totally sympathize with you. i miss semester system too. =( we're done in two weeks though!!

The Poetic Assassin said...

I've been read some of your blogs and I like the fact that you dont believe that Jesus looks as the west portray him.

But I think I need to clear something up for you, by God I'm not trying to pull you from Jesus.

Book of Mathews 7:22-33 reads

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Book of Isaiah 46:9 reads

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

I'm trying to say here that Jesus isn't the son of God, but is a prophet of God.