Saturday 1 June 2002

there's a LOT of stuff going on in my mind right now, some of it too random to write down, some too personal. So i'll just start with the car. Our family got a new car and I got to drive about 100 miles on the way down from yosemite. My goodness, my mother is a backseat driver and my dad was clamping on to the arm handle thingy. i don't drive THAT crazy. There was a lot of cruse control setting and resuming 'cause we were trying to dodge trucks, busses, crazy drivers, sports cars. There was a heck of a lot of traffic on the 99 on a thursday night.. kind of weird.
being at home. It feels so good. I love home, i love my family and i love my friends. But for a while during fellowship, i felt like i've never been in such a foreign place, it was really hard to focus and to worship. This is my home, it shouldn't be so.
There are certain things i want to accomplish this summer. I'm going to start with the superficial stuff:
I want to cook more.
make a skirt
swim 3 times a week. hopefully my parents will let me join the ymca where they have a good size pool to actually swim in.
learn something from the lab
go to the beach in the morning before work to do my quiet time (this one's a tough one)
fellowship and serve at home
to continue to live daily loving, needing, wanting God's presence more
This time is precious and what God has blessed me in the past, i haven't been as good a steward as i wanted to be. this summer/next year, I want to focus on things of more eternal value.
that's it for tonight. i will eventually get the pictures up and talk about yosemite more.

No comments: