Sunday 16 June 2002

Confession is somethign i don't do enough of. Not the kind of shrift that you would to a catholic priest but this outpouring of whatever sins we're convicted of and the realization of these sins contrasted with the assurance that we're saved and we're no longer bound to sin, but it's the old life...I'm not going to confess my sins here. But it's so sad that there are times when i'm so desensitized that i'm not aware of whatever sin is in my life, but eventually i notice that something isn't right. that shouldn't be. Jesus says in matthew "therefore you are to be perfect just as your heavenly father is perfect." It is impossible but by the Holy Spirit. I guess a major prayer request is that I would be convicted of whatever sins are in my life though it shouldn't have power over my life... i dunno if that makes sense.

No comments: