Wednesday 5 June 2002

i saw two really good movies today: Amadeus and An Affair to Remember. Amadeus was good solely because of the music. Mozart's music is beautiful and he's my favorite composer. Some of his work is simple yet conveys volumes of emotion and images. Some of his work is just beautiful, the expressiveness of it all. Those two past sentences are pretty much saying the same thing. Yeah i'm going to get the sountrack. I didn't think i'd like an affair to remember because it's romance and i think romance is cheesy. But this movie didn't get me into that mood. But it did speak to my almost non existent romantic side. Like dancing, I want to learn how to dance like people danced back then, not the dancing now, ugh. Dude, carey grant was charming. i think all girls think that.. and WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, i'm a girl. Just the fact that they can carry on a conversation without saying a thing amazes me. My parents can do that, too. It's like my dad knows my mom so well that he knows what's going through his mind and when she's going to call. It's the same with my mom, too. When my dad's on a business trip, she always knows when to expect his calls. Maybe 'cause he's been working there for years and has been going on business trips for years. But yeah... the cutest thing about the movie is how they had a song and they danced unlike how couples dance now.
Haahaa, i looked at my baby album today. It's so funny, when i was a baby, every picture i had my mouth wide open. Like in a little O. Either that or i was trying to bite my toe. I totally remember that, too. I have this memory of sitting on our brown couch in our old house in harbor city. the living room had the couch against the wall which was connected to the small breakfast nook/dining room and i could see the dinner table and chair. it was after my bath that I was sitting on the couch facing the sliding door to the backyard. dinner table was at about 2 o'clock and the coffee table was directly to my left and the armchair was at about 10 oclock to me. but i remember sitting there and then grabbing my foot and bringing it to my mouth and starting to chew on it. maybe i was teething back then or somethin... but yeah, there's your embarassing "oh i didn't know that about roz" story of the day.

No comments: