Monday 17 March 2008

My Almost Perfect Day

So after a long-hard quarter, I have 2 weeks off. What does a girl do in San Francisco on vacation? See the sights! Today was such a perfect day to be outside, I decided to take advantage of it.
I rode around Golden Gate Park a little bit. Wandered around the DeYoung, Music Concourse and new Academy of Sciences building.
That's my bike in the foreground, but I think I broke her. :(


This is one of my favorite pictures. something about sun, flowers and straight lines makes for a really interesting picture.
This is a small memorial to the Holocause near the Legion of Honor. There are a lot of these scattered around the country (i.e. Boston, New York, LA, SF) and are reminders of a very powerful message that I can't shake out of my head.
This is a plaque commemorating the first Japanese consulate in San Francisco after World War II.
Picnicking with Good Luck Dim Sum and the Conservatory of Flowers.

Why was it an almost perfect day? I actually rode to the legion of honor because there was an annie leibovitz exhibit as well as the dead sea scrolls on display and it was CLOSED! Also, I wanted to get jook instead of shu mai from good luck dim sum, but that's ok. It was still good. All in all... almost perfect day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: