Tuesday 11 March 2008

Change of <3

It's been 19 years since I started school and I just finished my last class. Granted today wasn't really for learning, but still. It's kind of monumental that it was our last class ever. Needless to say that I've been complaining, griping, whining about not wanting to go to class or study that I didn't think about the fact that today is our last class ever.

This is what I read this morning:
Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. (1 Samuel 16: 7)

Popular verse, eh?
I didn't think of it when I first read it, but upon thinking about how the Lord looks into my heart, I was immediately convicted that it was most definitely *NOT* in the right place. I was just looking forward to the end so much that the thought had escaped me that I'm finishing. I had failed to consider that I've worked so hard in school for almost 2 decades that finishing well is paramount.

It's something that I prayed for forgiveness on the way to class. That these last three days of finals would be just that. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, a goal in sight. It's not just about the celebration that's to come, patting myself on the back at the end but the means of getting there. I ask for prayer from those who believe. That the Lord would look at my heart from now until Friday 4pm and be pleased with it.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Will pray for you. Congrats little sis.