Tuesday 26 February 2008

Deal catcher + Sundries

I get a rush when I find a good deal. Many can attest to this, but my family and I are pretty anal about finding good deals and I am no exception. so...

FREE CONE DAY at ben and jerry's april 29.

And if i had space for it I would get this. Only 6.99!!

At any rate, I must post about a recent restaurant adventure:
1300 Fillmore

I gotta say, I thought it would be in the western addition in an unsafe neighborhood. Lo and behold, it's located in the Fillmore (on fillmore) right next to the new Yoshi's, Boom Boom room and a really good Korean BBQ restaurant.
The decor/ambiance was really nice. There is a bar/lounge area where a live jazz band plays and the dining room full of cushy seats and even a private room for large parties. They had a special flight menu for Black history month with wines featured from wineries owned by African Americans which I thought was pretty cool. Now on to the food. Soul food meets french. We had corn bread instead of foccacia or something else and a tangy jam with a little bit of a kick. Hot from the oven, too. So good. Entrees were lamb chops with sausage, mushroom and tomato confit (that is the BEST COMBINATION EVAR) and braised beef with spinach and mashed potatoes. Tasty. i can actually still remember the taste in my mouth and now i'm totally salivating. For dessert, we go the chocolate trio. Orange-chocolate ice cream, molten chocolate tart and cruncy chocolate/peanut butter bar. SO GOOD.

The live jazz just added to the experience.

I would return, but as my wandering heart would have it. I'd want to try other restaurants in San Francisco before returning.

Jade
$2 cocktails on Sundays. 'nuff said.

This past weekend we went to Tahoe for a ski retreat with fellowship people and I have to blog about this because it's such a big accomplishment. But I actually was able to somewhat keep up with people more advanced than I and board sort of efficiently on blacks! Granted it was at Northstar where blacks are like blues, but whatever. It was one of the best boarding days I've ever had. Experiencing improvement gives me a rush, too.

No comments: