Monday 16 October 2006

The Perfect Engagement

I got the idea for the perfect engagement. (Future husband, if you're out there, please take notes).

It's sunset, or night time on a clear night. Beach, at lowtide.

Fire and ice or red rose petals and roses scattered around leading to the proposal area. Small tea lights illuminating the sand so the flames and shadows dance on the sand and water.

There's an area near the cliff. I'm bearfoot wearing something...casual/nice. He's bearfoot wearing something.... casual/nice. just finished dinner, or right before dinner at some restaurant that's sentimental. The proposal area has lots and lots of roses and tealights scattered around.

I either clam up or dump some verbal diarrhea. something like.. "WHAT THE HECK?!!!!" or "OH MY GOODNESS...." Of course the palms start sweating and we both can't stop smiling. He's nervous and fumbles for words and tries to either calm me down or ask me what i'm thinking. I'll proceed to say... "WHAT THE HECK?!" or "OH MY GOODNESS"

Then down on one knee, busting out some bling and ice. He asks, "Rosalyn (yes, please use my full name, makes it more official) will you marry me?"
I'll say... after a monumental 5 seconds that seems like an infinity, YES!!!!!

The End.

"I'm just a sentimental schmuck like all the flighty nitwits I'd always pitied. Funny how things turn out." -Kimmy from My Best Friend's Wedding

My thoughts exactly, Kimmy, my thoughts exactly.

No comments: