Saturday 10 December 2005

Promises III

Just because I'm in a celebratory spirit.

Boys er... one in particular... :)

Wow this is tough thinking of stuff by myself. If you want a visual essay, THIS pretty much sums it up.

oh ok. I know where to start now.

Why no boys until May? I wanted to focus on enjoying God and finding my home in Him alone. I wanted to enjoy being by myself, thinking for myself and just taking the time to, yeah, spend on non-boy things (whatever those were.. i'm not entirely sure). Yeah the biggest thing was just taking this time to completely abide in Christ and letting Christ abide in me. To learn that the universe doesn't revolve around me nor the boy i have my eye on, but the sovereign, powerful God that created that boy.

I remember thinking, if someone does pursue, I would say: "You don't want to date me. I'm a total mess. You don't think so now, just wait a month, then you'll be subject to the writhing violence that is Roz. I'm just going to burden you with emotion and drive you away."

That's what I WOULD have said, until this guy came along. In a span of 10 weeks David started from a guy standing behind a table for Sonrise at the Student Organization Fair to this guy I'm totally attracted to who happens to be attracted to me! (and we're dating now, totally awesome).

It was all the "me, too," "are you kidding me?" "OH MY GOODNESS," "are you SERIOUS" moments that made things come together, Not to mention strolls in the Park, productive studying, huge amounts of self disclosure, and meaningful conversations over dinner.

so what DID happen to no boys until May? Welp, let's just say I met someone who is as passionate about the Jesus, knowledge/leaning, family and other things as I am (maybe even more). And David made an offer that I wasn't about to pass up. Cool beans. :)

addendumb: I wrote this almost 4 years ago. Thought it'd be interesting to compare.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, i'm happy for you! the same thing happened to me...i swore off boys for a decade but then i met mak. you find 'em when you're focused on God and not looking for trouble. ;o)

Anonymous said...

:D can i steal you for a date this christmas? :) wait... i'll rephrase. can i borrow you for a date this christmas? :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, brings back sweet memories of being in-love at UCSF :) What a blessing to find someone who you can relate to on so many different levels (emotional,intellectual, spiritual)! Praise God for His perfect gifts :) Have a great Christmas Roz (sorry haven't gotton together sooner...kids have been sick and i started teaching college SS...we'll have to try again soon)