Monday 12 December 2005

Everything is Vanity

So this month, I've resolved to a number of goals. Some are deep and meaningful and some, well, not so meaningful.
1) Read and finish Mountain Rain
2) Study for my kinetics waiver exam.
3) Read and finish The Cost of Discipleship
4) Scrapbook
5) Beautify myself. (i.e. get rid of this excema and acne problem).

I walked into Sephora a couple years back and asked her what is the daily facial care regimen. Here was her answer (and the stuff I use): 1) cleanse [neutrogena rapid clear, oil control foaming cleanser]. 2) Moisturize [ponds dry skin cream, though I usually use clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion]. 3) Protect [Kiehl's Ultra Protection Waterbased Sunscreen Lotion SPF 25].

That neutrogena rapid clear, oil control faming cleanser is totally awesome. It smells SOOOOOOO good and my face feels cleaner. For the acne problem, I got benzoyl peroxide 2.5%. I learned in class that this stuff really works. If you do decide to use benzoyl peroxide for acne, start low, go slow. This means start with the lowest concentration as not to irritate and start with one application/day to make sure that your skin isn't gonna wig out on you. And for excema the best thing to do is to stop the itch-scratch cycle (which I am a victim of... ::sigh::) so the best tx is Hydrocortisone 1% (i have target brand because target's the best). But only use this tx for about a week otherwise funny stuff's gonna happen. So the lineup is pretty much my daily regimen for this coming break. I just put in the boston contact stuff and tooth care stuff just so the picture looks better, haahaa.

No comments: