Friday 2 September 2005

YSC - Get Real August 14-19, 2005

We spent the week being challenged to get Real with ourselves, our faith and with God. Pastor Jerry Wong from SunsetSF spoke on selected psalms. After being a camper and counseling for the first time, this experience has been one of the sweetest challenges. Coming off a 6 week trip to Asia, I was tired. But somehow I woke up every day... early (as you can tell by the pictures) and somehow refreshed. Every day I asked God for His provision, strength and energy and every day I got it. I could see a bit of myself in high school in each of my girls. Some are going to college this next year, some are continuing high school. I pray that God will shape them into women after God's own heart and I feel so blessed to have been a part of that.

Shoutout to my girls - Tiff, Esther, Emily, Chloe and Katrina. :)

this is what the sunrise in Pine Valley looks like at circa. 5:45am

This is us. before sunrise, circa 5:30am.

I had forgotten what it's like to be in high school. It's only been four years, but being at YSC, it brought back so many memories. Some things are still the same, but some things are different. I guess each year, the dynamic changes due to the people and the culture that affects them. But yeah, it caused me to remember lessons learned and the friends that I made. YSC has been totally awesome as a camper (4 years back) and a counselor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.