Friday 9 September 2005

New Place

So I've moved. Picture this: 2 carloads of stuff, my dad maxing out at 90 on i-5 north with a daybed, mattress bike and other random boxes jammed into a minivan. Cut to San Francisco today: pretty much settled in and excited to have everything cleaned up. I'm excited to see friends from Berkeley, especially at the thingything on Sunday.

Moment of transparency: In the next week, my dreams will have come into fruition. You'd think I'd be excited, right? When my mom told me I got in, THAT was the exciting part. At that moment, EVERYTHING seemed to align. God was good. God is STILL good and will always and forever be good.

To be honest, I'm scared. I'm scared of not finding a community here, i'm scared of being lazy and just retracting into this little hole I've dug for myself and not reaching out. I'm scared that, like junior year, I'll start crying and getting sick all the time.

But then again, I had a lot of fears going to college. And it just so turns out, if I got another chance to do everything over, I wouldn't change anything. Why? 'Cause God did some amazing things and I wouldn't want to pass those up.

So who knows, just need to take it a day at a time and trust that amazing things will happen.

In the meanwhile, here are some views of my room. This is mostly for you, jeh, since you can't be here.

This is my room.

This is the other side of my room.

2 comments:

Isaac Fong said...

Welcome to SF, my 14th favorite city in California! I'm sure you'll have a blast here. See you Sunday!

Pauline said...

Just remember how good He is - how He brought you through things you didn't think you would get through. And now look where you are!

And remember, you have to throw water balloons at others first!!!