Thursday 29 September 2005

Are you Regular?

This morning, I was reminded of a conversation I had with my mother in early elementary school. It went like this:
Mom: Have you poo-pooed today? (Translated from Mandarin)
Roz: No.
Mom: You need to go. It's not good for you if you don't go.
Roz: But I don't need to.
Mom: You should designate a time every day to go #2, then you can get into the habit of staying regular.
Roz: But what if I don't need to go?
Mom: You should still go every day.
< insert span of time here >
Narration: So I go to the encyclopedia that my parents ingeniously bought for our family and look up the digestive system. AHA!! I read that fecal matter can remain inside the large intestine for up to 2 days.
< insert more time here >
Roz: I don't have to go because my food is still in my large intestine and it can stay there for up to 2 days.
Mom: You still need to go because you eat every day.
Roz: (thinking) But what if my food moves more slowly? Then I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom today.

Yeah, my mom loves me because she cares about my regularity. :)

3 comments:

Pauline said...

gross.

Anonymous said...

*HAHHA* WHICH REMINDS ME... I SHOULD TAKE A RESTROOM BREAK =P

Anonymous said...

I'm somewhat proud of myself everytime I go #2...it's odd.
-christina