Sunday 19 June 2005


These are the parents. And the '85 Honda Accord.  Posted by Hello

My sister and I never called my dad "daddy." It was either "bah-bee" or "dad." He has a lot of other titles, too like elder, Mr. Chu, Uncle Sam, Aerospace Engineer. The past 30 years, his life has revolved around his wife and children. My dad's one of those people who will order too much at a restaurant if he's treating someone because he wants everyone to eat well and put his family up in first class because he can. Here's a story about my dad that's worth telling:
When I was at least 2, I'd leave my socks everywhere. It's a little annoying and forunately i've broken that habit of leaving socks everywhere. It got to the point where my dad got mad. It was frustrating and downright improper to have the "littler one" leave her socks everywhere. I remember standing at the archway that leads from the kitchen to the formal dining room. I'm standing in the kitchen and my dad is squatting on the marble. He has a ruler in his hand. He says to me in mandarin, "Roz, you can't leave your socks everywhere, its messy. You deserve to be disciplined." I'm never going to forget what he does next. He says, "I'm not going to hit you. I'm going to hit myself." And he slaps himself in the palm really hard with the ruler multiple times. At this point I'm crying and I never really understood why my dad did that until I got older. I love my dad, I love my family. They will always be the most important to me even though sometimes it may not seem like it. It's these actions, these stories about my dad that show the love of Christ and I am so thankful to be born in this family and blessed with such a father.

Happy Father's Day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow roz's dad

Anonymous said...

wow.. that brought tears to my eyes

Anonymous said...

thats a great story