Tuesday 28 June 2005

Consumer Culture

The rest of the summer is going to be really busy. Those close to me know that idleness isn't good for roz. I find myself wistful, I get lost in my thoughts and I go shopping.

I suppose it's a good thing to be idle. I've moved up from a size 0 to a size 2. Maybe I'll be back up to a size 4 or 6 in the next 6 mo.

I've decided what I want to wear for my wedding. No, I'm not getting married. That can't be farther on the horizon. But I've decided. My hair lightly waved with white ribbon wrapped around grecian style. The veil somehow attached gracefully, I haven't thought about it much. Wedding dress similar to reese witherspoon (haahaa, reese with her spoon, haahaahaa), with a strapless gown with delicate georgette/sheer shoulder straps almost like cap sleeves. An ivory instead of pure white (i'm dark and it fits my skin tone. plus I don't want my teeth to look yellow as a stark contrast to my dress). A-line skirt with a shorter train. Not satin. Perhaps silk so that it flows and shimmers. Not too full of a skirt, but slightly A-line, not sheathed. Maybe some ribbon embellishment (grecian style again) low around the waist joining in the bustle. 1.5-2in heels, a pair of shoes that I'd get on sale, something I'd be able to wear over again. Makeup, natural but accentuating the eyes more. Hair, less styling the better. I wouldn't want anyone to get their hand stuck in some styling goo in my hair. And this paragraph is more detailed than expected. Probably freaked some of the male species out, but whatever. I'm a girl, I think about these things, get over it.

I've always wanted to live in a house with hardwood floors and bay windows. There's a lot of those in San Francisco. goodie.

I'm really excited for the next 2 months. So many new memories to be made, so many opportunities to serve the God that has taken care of me. SO MANY PICTURES!!!!

July 1-Aug 12 Whirlwind trip overseas
Aug 14-19 YSC
Aug 23-30 Boston
Sept 15 The start of my career, the end of my social life.

You have questions about the site? Sometimes it's more than meets the eye. Take a closer look, click on the pictures, don't trust your first impression.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understood about half of that third paragraph. It's too technical - I'd say worse than an ochem book.

What you need is a glossary. A-sheath? Is that like, a scabbard for some weapon of war?

A Confused Member of That Other "Species,"

Jeff

Anonymous said...

i'd love to be there to see it all come true.

i'm available for planning *wink*

Anonymous said...

ooOOoo nice choice.

Anonymous said...

A line skirt! Nice! It is much better than a K Line which means getting permanently banned from a chat room!

This skirt terminology was explained to me but I have since forgotten its actual meaning.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I had another choice besides "anonymous." Well here I am.