Wednesday 7 August 2002

i can't sleep...
Isaiah 46:8-13
"Remember this, and be assured;
Recall it to mind, you transgressors.
"Remember the former things long past,
For I am God, and there is no one like me,
Declaring the end from the beginning
And from the ancient times things which have not been done,
Saying, 'My purpose will be established,
And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';
Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man of My purpose from a far country.
Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.
I have planned it, surely I will do it.
"Listen to me, you stubborn-minded,
Who are far from righteousness.
"I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off;
And My salvation will not delay.
And I will grant salvation in Zion,
And my glory for Israel."

Something really encouraging today. During a basic science lecture about the human genome (a subject that can easily be dominated by evolutionists) a woman named Pauline Yen spoke. She has a PhD and she's a good lecturer. Anyway she was talking about how someone's genes can code for how they look and she gave an example of this type of moth. Those who hatch in the spring eat oak flowers and they grow to look like the flowers themselves. Those that hatch in the summer eat oak leaves from the same plant and they grow to look like twigs. And she said, "You are what you eat and your genes code for what you look like. This is an example of a very complex design that can only come from a designer. That's why I believe in God." And no one disputed or argued and it was such an encouragement that someone would so boldy do that in a purely scientific forum.

No comments: