Monday 18 June 2007

Coming to terms...

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I really do like the color pink.
I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm a girl and I get emotional.

Coming to terms...
About 10 months ago, I posted this.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
(Psalm 1:2-3)

This passage has been on the forefront of my mind this past year. It was my goal, it was something I wanted God to change about me and I prayed for it every night.

I feel like God has answered so many prayers this past year and taught me what it is to live abundantly abiding in Christ.

I remember in August, I was feeling really down. It was hard just to get out of bed in the morning. That feeling sucks. That hopelessness. But I think it was necessary for me to feel that way in order for God to teach me about his unconditional Love and what grace is.

I think fall quarter was all about working through and throwing out all of the skeletons in my closet. Any old shame that I was carrying, anxieties that have plagued me since childhood. But through all of that, there were good moments. In those moments, I felt like I was breathing oxygen for the first time. I could see and feel the warmth of the sun and I didn't have a care in the world. But they were just moments at a time.

Winter quarter was the transition. Moments of joy turned into days and weeks with sadness peppered within. I found community that was joyful and settlers. Haahaa, settlers is fun. I think everyone should play. It wasn't just that the game was fun, but it was the environment we had, the community. THAT was when I laughed until my side hurt. :)

Spring quarter was SO GOOOOOOOD. Now I feel like my default is joy and contentment. God is good. He's blessed me with so much and sometimes I can't help but smile and remember how good God is. I hope I never loose that. I never want to take God's power, love and grace for granted. I never ever want to take advantage of the people close to me. I want always to be thankful.

Psalm 1 was the theme of this year and it's been a good year.

No comments: