Wednesday 17 January 2007

Distracted

School has come into full swing, but the long weekend was FABULOUS. Thanks to everyone who made my MLK weekend wonderful. :)

Dine About Town is this month and is highly recommended. You can try different restaurants in the City at a fixed price menu. I don't know the fancy-pants way to say that, but it's ULTRA-cool.
Wow, i'm so distracted right now. Coming up in the next few weeks is 6 midterms. Things are starting to get busy, Roz is starting to PMS and work is piling up. The first few weeks of the quarter was AWESOME and I praise God for it, but I can't forget that I ALWAYS ALWAYS need His strength, even in the good times. I think I'm learning that this week as I snap at the people I love and feel incredibly distracted when I need to study, or can't wake up for class.

I need to remember that the joy I have is a gift only from God that that it's possible if I get desperate and lonely. 5.5 months and counting. Things are great. I can't wait. For it's only Jesus who can set me straight.

(cheesy, I know. But i'm in a cheese place, please humor me).

Welcome to my first ever all-nighter. We played none other than the game for "demi-gods," Settlers of Catan. I can't believe this was my first all-nighter ever. We ended at 5:30am. I had an extremely productive morning where I caught up on Physio reading and did my BPS problem set. And then, I headed off to the SF Zoo where I did manual labor, pretended to be a ninja and learned how to salsa dance from a latin instructor. Good times, good times.



And when you feel sad or blue, remember this picture. These are the faces of PURE JOY. Yes, yes, remember the smile on our faces, the twinkle in our eyes and the absolute ecstasy exuding from us.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg i FUJI's is the freaking bombiest

i miss it.

-jeff

Unknown said...

good times, my friend, good times =)
-winnie

Jen Min said...

I still can't believe we made it @ 2pm. GOOD TIMES. :)

and that pic of you guys playing Settlers is SO CUTE! (or is it? Settlers is taking over the lives of countless UCSFers.... ;)

Game Night part 2 coming soon!