Wednesday 12 April 2006

Testicular Cancer

Here is a direct quote from my anatomy syllabus:
At first, it will probably feel strange and perhaps a bit uncomfortable to examine your testicles. You will probably feel like you don't know what you are doing, that you just can't feel anything. That kind of self-doubt is perfectly normal; it happens to every medical student. Give it time. Get used to the idea and don't give up. After a while you will get to know your testes as well as you know, for example, the little idiosyncratic noises in your car. Testicular self-exam is pretty easy, and after a while it should become second nature. The American Cancer Society published a pamphlet on testicular self-exam from which the directions above were taken. Contact the ACS in your area for

And that is how the chapter ended. Kind of abrupt, don't you think? And i must need to know more about the testicular self examination seeing as i HAVE no testes.

On another note: try imagining Russell Peters saying "valsalva" in an indian accent and that is my anatomy professor. I got blamed yesterday for laughing too hard in lecture.

Yet another note: I'm going to the Good Friday Service at City Church, anyone want to come with me? Let me know. I'm driving.

Note #3: I'm gonna be in Berkeley on SATURDAY for eggster. Anyone wanna eat lunch?

3 comments:

Pauline said...

ha ha....the testes thing is so funny.

since when did you get a car?

Roz said...

it's my ultra-cool scion xa from city car share

Anonymous said...

mm...I can't believe you put the word t-e-s-t-e-s in your blog...I can't even put the letters together to make the words...*shudder*
-christina