Thursday 12 January 2006

Now What?

So I got my intern license. Now what?

I never thought I'd be uttering these words, but...I'm recruiting.

The only recruiting I knew was all the Haas students, dressed up in their power suits heading to the career center or the City to interview for that job to rake in the big bucks.

And no, I'm not switching to business. For the first 2 summers of pharm school, I have to work (or do an internship, whichever...). So yeah, now the onslaught starts. I just updated my resume to include some of the new stuff and my Anne Klein suit with express fitted shirt and snazzy UCSF portfolio is out of the closet (not ironed yet, but almost ready to go).

This process is daunting and my summer is more or less unscheduled. Should I stay in the Bay Area/San Francisco, or should I go back home to LA/Torrance? It could go both ways and I just need to give 100% and trust that God will let His plan unfold. Do I apply for a structured internship or just start working? How much do I want to be paid? How much do I want to learn? How far do I want to commute? (the thought of a >1 commute gives me chills).

No comments: