Tuesday 10 January 2006

Just Heavenly

Things that made this trip worthwhile
1) Falling significantly less.
2) Getting to know people I didn't know as well before.
3) Having Chinese Pride during our game of cranium:
a) Yelling: Ch-Ch-Ch-China!! randomly
b) When asked to identify a picture of a certain type of wheat, for a question my response was: "I only know what rice looks like!" (it may not be funny now, but it was funny at the time. maybe because we were so tired.)
c) There were five teams. 3 normal teams, team China and the Davids. 55% of the men on the trip were named David each with almost every Asian last name known to man: Chen, Lee, Peng, Tang, Young. And they HAD to make their own cranium team. And then it turned into "Heather and the Daves."

I don't have a picture of the slopes, so just replace the ocean with snowcapped mountains and the birds with people and that's that.

The quarter is a little heavier than last quarter. Something that I'm more aware of is my tiredness. Those who know me well can attest to the fact that I turn into Ms. Grumpy with less than 6hrs of sleep by the end of the day. That just means I need to turn up the discipline and pray every morning for strength to get through the day as an effective/functioning member of society and for a good night's rest every night.

Purity
I'm encouraged by this:
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure." - 1 John 3:1-3

That's immensely encouraging.

No comments: