Sunday 30 October 2005

Walking around the Sunset

This is one of my free saturdays and boy am I thankful for it. It was such a nice day yesterday that I decided to walk around the Sunset District with my handy camera. First stop: the pumpkin patch. So many little kids, made me want to take one home with me and bake cheesecake for them.

It's that time of year again. And in a week, they'll be selling Christmas trees in the lot across the street.

This was the first Saturday I could just explore without a schedule or concrete plans. I went to a neighborhood garden, shopped a little at the recycled clothing store (resisted buying anything! one small step for roz, one huge step for roz's self control), and stopped into a salon to ask how much for a haircut.


And it was such a beautiful day, i decided, why not just hop on the N and ride down to Ocean beach?

I would never be able to live in the midwest. There's something about living within 1/2hour of a very large body of salt water that is so soothing. I dunno, I relish in the fact that I can see the sunset and be able to feel sand between my toes and knowing that being out in the sun could give me cancer, but I go anyway. And they have SAND DOLLARS at ocean beach! All in all, it was a good day :)

No comments: