Friday 28 October 2005

an extra 3500 calories

due to a sedentary lifestyle and just constantly eating while studying, i've gained 6lbs in the past 2 weeks. It's harder to resist food.

Don't these look so good?
People who know me well know that I have an intense fear of double chins. I'm intensely afraid that I'll get one. I'm noticing the sizeable belly and butt that's accumulating on my frame. But still...food is hard to resist, especially cheezits, doritos, cheese, cereal, bean curd and noodles late at night. I tend to be more of a salty person than a sweet person. (don't be surprised if i have to get on one of those antihypertensives in the next few years).

THAT cooked up real nice would taste so good.

I've also noticed a significant increase in the number of pimples on my forehead. My face has become oilier than usual.

Funny that I start caring about these things now. I used to not care because they were never an issue. Now i do.

There're a lot of thoughts swimming around in this bowl of noodles of mine. Most of them are all about how insufficient and powerless I am. But in an instant, like in the elevator today, I thought about the Lord. I may be insufficient, disorganized, absentminded, weak, quiet, imperfect, flawed but God is not. He is sufficient, organized, omnipresent, strong and perfect. And because of that, I can smile, laugh and live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xiao long bao..... *droooool*

-jeff