Monday 22 August 2005

Reasons to go back
I'd have to say this trip is the most fulfilling trip I've ever been on. The Father put this here at the perfect time. I can't exactly put my finger on what happened, but something happened and it was very good.

Being in the countryside forced me to see what joy and contentment looked like without the distractions of internet, gap/banana/abercrombie, grades and stress. One of the long term workers told me, the more things you have, the less you treasure. The less things you have, the more you treasure.

So yeah, being asian allowed me and my other asian counterpart to wander around villages undetected whereas the other teammates who were caucasian were swarmed with men, women and children everywhere they went. Mix that in with zero personal space and we have the best people pictures ever. Unfortunately I was too dense to take any of them, sorry 'bout that.

No comments: