Saturday 30 April 2005

Good Posture
It's been on my mind since as long as I can remember, but tonight, as I was looking through old pictures, my posture is disgusting.
People close to me have commented on my posture and how bad it is...i couldn't agree more.
it's gotten better since high school, but it still needs work, among other things.
But i've come to learn that posture is so important, but it's not from pure willpower of pulling your back straight.
For some people like Clara Chu and Gloria Chiu (both of which have a very common last name from me) have beautiful posture but it's natural to them.
I remember Gloria commenting on how its impossible for her to slouch. That's amazing. It's also a foreign thought because it's natural for me to slouch.
Maybe I need to work on my core.

Maybe, maybe so.

But there are so many other nuances to a good posture. When I do walk straight, stand straight, sit straight, I feel taller and more confident. Does that mean when I slouch (which is all the time) I feel less so? Maybe, sometimes, though not always. But there's a more pronounced difference when I stand up straight.
To other people, your posture is so crucial to the first impression. Also, its a sign of what kind of mood you're in. Bad mood or sad? Bad posture. Happy, confident and positive? Good posture. That's a generalization, but it can be true. Whenever I see someone who's a little slouched in the corner, it reminds me of the loner self I used to be and still am sometimes. These people need the most love.

Of course this is not Biblical at all. If you find a passage that deals with posture in the Bible, I'll bake you cookies. (I owe a lot of people cookies.) If i do owe you cookies or you want some cookies let me know I'm planning to bake this coming week. Oh, if you want to study, too. I have a final in 2 weeks that I need to start studying for. It'd be nice to have a study buddy one last time in the cubicles of VLSB or in the OPTOMETRY LIBRARY where we can party it up with Ms. Allison. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lydia's the same height standing up straight on flats as slouching on heels.

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 18:11 in the Message states

So, tell the people of Judah and citizens of Jerusalem my Message: "Danger! I'm shaping doom against you, laying plans against you. Turn back from your doomed way of life. Straighten out your lives."

indicating that is a doomed way of life to have bad posture and so we should straighten out our lives and not live as such. Furthermore, in Ezekial 37:14, again from the Message, it states:

I'll breathe my life into you and you'll live. Then I'll lead you straight back to your land and you'll realize that I am GOD. I've said it and I'll do it. GOD's Decree.

So on the return to their land, God wants them to walk with straight backs, and not slouch.

And this is how you can prove anything with the Bible. And this is also how cults get started. Please do not take this post seriously.

I just wanted cookies.