Thursday 25 April 2002

Look at the time. My midterm is in 45 minutes. I'm at Moffit supposedly studying, but I feel as though I've studied enough for this midterm. God is good. I mean he's always Good, but yeah. I got a lower score than i expected on my math midterm. Sure, i was a little disappointed because i studied so much, but i was weirdly relaxed because the pressure is off me to get an A now, but then i find out that it was graded wrong and i got a higher score after the regrade. Oh Lord, please let me not worry or whatever. I've studied enough for this chem midterm and I'm leaving it in the Lord's hands. I think I've learned a lot and understand the concepts pretty well, so we'll see. No matter what, i know that i've studied and not slacked. I mean if i get a bad score, it's not that it's not my fault, but i knwo that there's something to be learned and something to be thankful about you know?
So yeah about the summer thing, God IS good because Dr. Fong Fong Chu (it's cool that we have the same last name) offered to give me a volunteer position in her lab. I think i'm going to be working with inflammatory bowel symdrom with mice and somehow relating that to an antioxidant enzyme that either helps or hinders cancer. CANCER RESEARCH. I remember aspiring to do that when i was younger. Excitement is flowing out of me. :) I expected to be paid 'cause the application and the program website said i would, but i don't think it's an issue anymore because i'm a freshman without any previous lab experience and this is a really good opportunity for me to learn you know? So anyone have any objections to me accepting this position? and it's CANCER RESEARCH. Doesn't that just sound so cool?
Classes I'm taking next semester:
Chem 112A Ochem
Biology 1A
Music 25A Music Theory
Psych 2 General Psychology.
Fun stuff, eh?

No comments: