Thursday 1 November 2007

Posting in Class

I'm posting because I can and I want to.

So, new Zagat restaurants: Rotee and Conservatory at the Ritz, Half Moon Bay.

Rotee

We kind of serendipitously fell upon the restaurant whilst rushing to Berkeley to go sailing. (More on that later). It's on the corner of Haight and something in the Lower haight. The naan is really good (I like bland foods, so that is to be expected). One thing that I didn't really like was the service. EXTREMELY slow. We tried the Curry Grant. It's a little watery for my taste, but I saw the Tikka Masala which looked sooooooo creamy good that I wanted to order it in addition to our meal. At any rate, I would want to go again, just to try out the other stuff.


Conservatory Lounge
at the Ritz

This actually is NOT listed in the Zagat Guide and there's a reason. For the price, the food is only ok. But of course, we didn't go for bruch (which I hear is quite good). But basically what you're paying for is the environment/ambiance. The Ritz is BEAUTIFUL. Like seirously beautiful. I enjoyed our walk around the hotel grounds better than the food. (that says something about the food).

Along the same weekend, we went sailing with the Cal Sailing Club (FOR FREE!!!). I want to learn how to sail now, but going out there even though I got a little dizzy from the boat was extremely beautiful and very restful. I'm a swimmer, so there's something about water that's very soothing.

No comments: