Tuesday 3 April 2007

4Seasons

The 4 seasons is a really popular metaphor for life. Why? Because it fits so well.

I dunno...

I feel like my life so far has gone through Spring (being born), Summer (growing up), Fall (High School, parts of college), Winter (parts of college and first year of pharmacy school) and now the season has come back to Spring.

Bringing in another cliche, spring really does come in like a lion and out like a lamb. I feel like the frost is melting from my psyche and shoots are growing. Am I establishing roots in the bay area? I dunno. But I feel like I'm in that transition between winter and spring. Where it rains a lot, there's a lot of growth and hopefully some flowering coming soon and some snow still left on the ground. Episodes of sadness, of wanting not to live anymore, extreme tiredness, burntoutness and fatigue have plagued my bones these past few years and I'm ready for Spring.

I'm ready for the growth, for the growing pains that shape one's character. I still hurt, but i've come to realize that the hurt is good. People who have lived charmed lives don't know what it feels like to hurt and their joy is taken for granted. I never EVER want to take the joy that I've recieved for granted. ever.

and that, again is too poetic for my own good.

time for pho!.... pho' shizzle.

1 comment:

Jen Min said...

Roz I love your post- you totally hit it on the mark; seasons of life is so true. I'm cheering you on and it makes my heart happy to hear that it's lookin' a little like Spring for you :)
have you heard the song Every Season by Nicole Nordeman?