Monday 19 March 2007

Listen

You're calling me to lay aside the worries of my day
To quiet down my busy mind and finding a hiding place
Worthy, you are Worthy

I crave God's voice. I hear so many other voices in my head that God's voice has become almost silent and it saddens me. Unashamed Love is a song that I can sing from my heart because I get caught up so easily with my busy mind. A vortex of swirling thoughts that are sometimes false, sometimes negative and sometimes not a clear perception of reality.

The thing is.... i've come to the point where I don't trust ANY of my thoughts. I don't trust my judgment, I don't trust my decision-making skills. It's almost like learning to think all over again.

This just means that I need to be more vigilant in filling my thoughts with words of God and really being able lay aside the worries of my day. Being secure in knowing that the Cross is all I need for security, for worth. At City Church we've been studying Galatians and the point of it was that Paul was trying to make it a point that our spiritual lives started in the Spirit, it shouldn't end in the flesh (Gal. 3) That my salvation is not Christ + something but Christ alone. In Christ alone my hope is found.

Anyway, I've procrastinated long enough. I should actually listen to myself and start studying right now. :P

No comments: