Thursday 21 December 2006

Dogs

I'm a dog person. The day a cat scratched me on the back of my hand, I became a dog person.

There's something about dogs that makes them almost infinitely lovable: their unswerving loyalty. The knowledge that this dog will love you, no matter what you do. That everytime you come home, that dog has been waiting for you, yearning for you to come home to play with it. That whenever an intruder walks through your front door, it will give up everything to protect you. It will love the things you love, whether it's food or people. That it will (kind of) listen to you if you've had a bad day, calm you down if you've had a stressful day and comfort you if your mood is on the downswing. Sometimes as a human, I don't understand this unconditional loyalty. I mean, just because I feed a dog food regularly would be ground for it to be so attached?

But the thing is, I value that. I value loyalty and it is something that (hopefully) the people I love feel they recieve from me.

Anyway, here's Taiwan, in a nutshell... (actually a small bean wrapped in rice dough covered in peanut flour).

No comments: