Thursday 15 June 2006

Cheesecake

As many know, i am VERY proud of my new york cheesecake. And I've been on a quest for the last two years to perfect that very cheesecake that I sought out to make (which turned out to be a failure) that first time. Those of you at 2520 College Ave. can attest to that. But alas, I think I may have found the crack-free perfection that I've been looking for.

Tips for cheesecake:
-you don't need to grind the graham cracker crust to a powder. The small chunks actually give the cheesecake texture.
-don't overbeat. This will introduce too much air into the cake and actually make it stiff. we don't want that, even though cakes are supposed to be airy.
-when baking, place a small bowl of water alongside it. This will prevent cracking, too.

People work in labs to find proteins, I'm working in a kitchen to find the perfect cheesecake.

Points of Future exploration:
Chocolate flavored graham cracker crust
fruit puree marbled cake
oreo cheesecake
chocolate mousse cheesecake
making glaze for the topping instead of fresh fruit (glaze with fresh fruit.. that sounds good, too)

3 comments:

Pauline said...

yummy! how about some sort of white chocolate cheesecake?

Anonymous said...

can i have your misfits? =p

blue topaz said...

yum... no need to go to cheesecake factory anymore... just had to roz's place :O)