Thursday 10 March 2011

Flock


Taken from the Vatican, 2010

There's something so tender about this scene. It's one of those insignificant passerby sculptures on the way to the Sistine Chapel, but for some reason this one in particular struck me. I'm not going into how Western-centric Jesus' presumed resemblance is, but the fact that Jesus carrying one lamb is so significant and how the sheep are following. Sheep are dumb, they don't know their right from their left and they don't know if they're walking to their death, but they trust this figure in front of them to protect them, to lead them and to even sacrifice for them. That's a big deal.

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep." -John 10:14-15
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

1300 Number in Australia said...

What a beautiful furnitures I think that is so expensive. A unique concept