Monday 5 February 2007

Fear and Music

Yay for BMG! Got my midterm madness care package today of 6 cds all for 5.99 free shipping and handling.

Brandon Heath: unknown.. but very very good.
City on a Hill: The gathering
Michael Buble: It's Time
Casting Crowns: Lifesong
John Mayer: Continuum
Caedmon's Call: In the Company of Angels

The last one is 'cause I miss Christina, Jeff, Kev and hanging out in Kev's Camry.

Now on to fear:

Fear is crippling. I've lived in fear. Fear of judgment, fear of rejection, fear of death, fear of the dark. (strangely enough... not fear of public speaking). But the fighting part of me laughs in the face of fear and in a sense... I'll hurl myself down a double black and not look back.

I can't imagine people living under the cloud of fear their whole life. Eventually it's gonna come, bite you in the butt and you'll have to face it. I was scared.. i had 2 choices: run or face it.
Which one's worse?
running is better in the short term.
facing is better in the long term.

Whatever you're afraid of...face it. Hurl yourself down the mountain telling yourself that you'll eventually get down. You'll get hurt (maybe), but going down that slope successfully will be satisfying beyond measure.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

No comments: