Wednesday 5 February 2003

it's been about 1.15 semesters since i've had 8 oclocks every day. yeah i think i complain about it a lot, but now i'm starting to appreciate the level of productivity my life has come to since waking up at 8:00. Getting a full night's sleep is essential and it's been good. i have time to do things like take pictures and study and eat (which is probably the only thing i've been doing this semester).
SFC retreat:
It was a really good spending time in a place concentrated with SFCers. We all have our own little lives and sometimes they cross on AIM or on Fridays and Sundays, but I think this retreat united us in a way that can't be done any other way. People were open and honest in our small group, in conversation, at campfire, during worship practice. When you're in such a concentrated area with the same people you can't help but notice everyone's habits, everyone's demeanor (sp?) and challenge their thoughts and way of life. I thought a lot about how this semester is comparing to last semester, how am I going to use my time since there's not that much of it, what kind of friendships am I going to make, maintain... maybe even break sad as that sounds.
I was really encouraged by Pastor Harrison's statement about surviving vs. really getting out there and thriving. Before I came to college, my youth pastor, Byron said that same exact thing. Are you going to just survive or are you going to thrive and make a difference for Christ. I've grown a lot since college started, changed some but am I really making a difference?

No comments: